Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bigfoot Captured on Plot Watcher

Post by: Scott Carpenter



I placed a plot watcher in the National Park two weeks ago. (05/26/2012). I retrieved the SD card from the plot watcher on 06/09/2012. The plot watcher was programmed to take one photograph every 10 seconds. While reviewing the footage I notice at 08:43 AM on 05/29/2012 a Bigfoot sneaks up to a tree approximately 150 feet away and peeks around the tree trunk at my camera.

Before/After Comparison

  The camera captured 11 frames of the Bigfoot moving back and forth behind the tree trunk. 


The Bigfoot is huge, I can only estimate but I can confidently say it was larger than 8 foot tall. I combine two photos, one taken of me and one of the Bigfoot. Aligned and scaled the photograph. Even though the  Bigfoot is 50 feet behind me, it's head is larger than mine. The Bigfoot is also 4 feet tall compared to me in a crouched position. I do not know the correct mathematical formula to figure the Bigfoot's size but I would think it would be at least 5 feet tall in a squat.


I am amazed that the Bigfoot apparently knew where the plot watcher was located and was interested in peaking at it only.



Unfortunately the resolution of the Plot Watcher is not very good at that distance. I used the above still capture to make a drawing of what the Bigfoot may have looked like.







8 comments:

  1. Amazing! Do you recognize him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, there are several in this group, but never captured him on video before

      Delete
  2. Hey Joe...Congrats...good job...looks like a handsome fellow you got a pic of...lol...do you think he's a juvenile? How tall would you guess he would be standing up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, blurred bs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If everything is always blurred , why do you waste your time?

      Delete
  4. Joe I appreciate the time you put in but would you consider this could be a trick of the light random shadows?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally after a lot of hard work, it looks like you've got some good images. Amazing! Congratulations and thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There looks to be some kind of movement also along the tree that is directly to right and behind this one. You can see a significant shadow change against the tree in the frame progression and the space between the two trees as though something is moving about. Did you notice this?

    ReplyDelete